History, culture and an experience like no other - Cairo to explore the Pyramids, the Sphinx, and other remarkable century-old wonders of the world, from the historic temples of Luxor to a felukka ride in Aswan and all the ancient wonders in-between!
LAND ONLY PACKAGE INCLUDES :
- 3 nights accommodation at Ramses Hilton hotel in Cairo in a standard room.
- Breakfast daily in Cairo.
- Tour of the Egyptian museum, Citadel of Salah El Din, Alabaster mosque and old Coptic
churches in Cairo.
- Giza tour to view the Great Pyramids, Sphinx, Valley temple and Sakkara in Cairo.
- 4 nights accommodation on board MS Medea, MS Miriam, MS La Traviata or similar.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily on board the cruise ship.
- Cruise sightseeing package as per the itinerary (excluding Abu Simbel in Aswan).
- Meet, assist and all transfers in Cairo, Luxor and Aswan.
- One bottle of water per person per tour.
- Services of a private English speaking Tour Guide in Cairo and the ships Guide during the cruise.
- Luggage handling throughout.
- Current taxes and sightseeing entrance fees.
* High season supplements apply for travel from 19 December 2021 to 05 January 2021 and 10 to 20 April 2022 and will be advised at the time of quoting.
Day 1 (Monday): On arrival in Cairo, you will be met and transferred to your hotel. The remainder of the day is at leisure. Overnight Cairo.
Day 2 (Tuesday): Tour of Cairo visiting the Tahrir Egyptian Museum and exploring the treasures of Tutankhamen, the Citadel of Salah El Din, the Mohamed Ali Alabaster Mosque and old Coptic Churches. Overnight Cairo. (B)
Day 3 (Wednesday): Tour to Giza - see The Pyramids of Cheops, Chephren and Mykerinus, visit the Great Sphinx, which dates back to the time of Chephren, visit the Valley Temple of the pyramids before continuing to the Step Pyramid of Zoser in Sakkara home of Egypt s oldest pyramid, built in the 3rd Dynasty for King Djoser. Overnight Cairo (B).
Day 4 (Thursday): Check out of the hotel & transfer to Cairo airport to fly to Luxor where you will be met and taken to the cruise ship for embarkation. Visit Luxor temple. Overnight on board the cruise ship in Luxor. (B/L/D).
Day 5 (Friday): Enjoy a Visit to the Valley of Kings, Memnon Collossi, Hatshepsut Temple and Karnak Temple. In the afternoon set sail for Edfu, via Esna. Overnight on board the cruise ship in Edfu. (B/L/D).
Day 6 (Saturday): Sail to Kom Ombo to see the double temples of Sobek and Horus the Elder. Overnight on board the cruise ship in Kom Ombo. (B/L/D).
Day 7 (Sunday): Sail to Aswan in the morning to see the High Dam. In the afternoon enjoy a felucca trip around the Botanical Gardens. Overnight on board the cruise ship in Aswan. (B/L/D)
Day 8 (Monday): Disembark after breakfast and transfer to the airport for your flight. (B)
Terms & Conditions : Prices are based on a from price, per person sharing, subject to availability and currency fluctuation for international holidays. The exact amount will be confirmed at the time of booking. High season surcharges, block out periods and minimum stay conditions may apply. Group rates available on request. For Standard Terms and Conditions please refer to www.thompsons.co.za. E&OE
All passengers travelling to Egypt must have an original negative PCR test certificate with QR code and with required passenger details. Passengers who do not have a QR code on their test certificate will be denied boarding or deported back to their point of origin.
Assistance with Covid PCR testing before departure home, will be arranged through a private authorized lab with the result in 24 hours. Current cost is USD 170.00 pp to be paid directly
Flights, Airport Taxes, visas, Abu Simbel optional tour in Aswan, drinks and meals not mentioned, entry into the Pyramids, gratuities and items of a personal nature, travel and health insurance, Covid Tests.